Workshops & Events
New Year, New Intentions
A Special New Year's Eve Yoga & Qi Gong Class
with Setareh Moafi, Ph.D., L.Ac. and Salvador Cefalu, M.S., L.Ac.
Sunday, December 31st 10:00 - 11:15am
Join Setareh and Salvador for an integrative practice of Yin/Yang Yoga, Qi Gong and meditation designed to support you to cultivate your intentions and enliven your dreams for the new year. All ages and levels welcome.
Cost: $25 on site. 100% of proceeds will go to the Chronicle Season of Sharing Fund, which focuses on providing local assistance to those facing a crisis, including housing assistance, critical family needs and food banks. The best part of living is giving - please join us to give back to those in need during the holiday season.
This is one of our most popular classes and space is limited. Register now to reserve your space.
Yoga Integration with Dr. Setareh Moafi presents:
50-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training
This integrative immersion and teacher training program is designed for all levels of practitioners and teachers. Though a background in Yin Yoga is helpful, it is not required.
All students will receive a 50-hour Yin Yoga teacher training certificate upon completion of the program. The knowledge and experience gained through this training will enhance your personal practice and prepare you with the confidence and expertise to teach Yin Yoga, if you choose to do so.
In this training, you'll:
Cultivate balance in your Yang (active) lifestyle and practices through the quiet power of Yin Yoga
Learn the philosophy, anatomy and physiology of Yin Yoga practice from both Western and Chinese medical perspectives
Learn the Primary Meridian and Muscle Channel pathways and their psycho-emotional & physical associations in relation to Yin Yoga
Understand how to best sequence a Yin Yoga practice for optimal health
Integrate the Yin Yoga benefits of being and non-striving into your practice, teaching and life
Learn how to prepare your body for Yin Yoga and allow it to prepare you for Meditation
Develop skills for deeper awareness and self-cultivation.
Space will be very limited to maximize contact and personalization, so early registration is highly encouraged.
Classes will be held Saturdays 12-5pm, Sundays 12-4pm on the following weekends:
February 24-25, 2018
March 17-18, 2018
April 14-15, 2018
May 5-6, 2018
May 19-20, 2018
MODULE 1: Foundations of Yin Yoga - Philosophy, Anatomy, Physiology
- Importance of Yin Yoga practice to balance other practices, exercises and lifestyle
- Internal elements: Qi, blood and yin
- Playing your edge: tension vs compression
- Anatomy of the spine, hips and pelvis in relation to Yin Yoga practice
- Physiology of the brain and central nervous system (CNS) in relationship to Yin Yoga practice
- Overview of the 12 Primary Meridians and the corresponding Muscle Channels
- Balancing the meridians in preparation for Yin Yoga practice - Sotai and Qi Gong
MODULE 2: Yin Meridians
Day 1: Yin Meridians of the Legs
- Spleen Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Liver Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Kidney Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
Day 2: Yin Yoga Asana Practice for Yin Leg Meridians - sequencing, limitations and modifications
MODULE 3: Yang Meridians
Day 1: Yang Meridians of the Legs
- Stomach Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Gallbladder Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Bladder Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
Day 2: Yin Yoga Asana Practice for Yang Leg Meridians - sequencing, limitations and modifications
MODULE 4: Arm Meridians
Day 1: Arm Meridians
- Lung Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Pericardium Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Heart Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
Day 2: Yin Yoga for Arm Meridians and associations with Leg Meridians- sequencing, limitations and modifications
MODULE 5: Empowered Yin Yoga Teaching & Sharing
Day 1: Sequencing and Modifying
- Sequencing a Yin Yoga practice based on Yin and Yang Meridians
- Proper cueing and guidance of Yin Yoga asanas
- Cautions and contraindications of Yin Yoga asanas
- How to hold space for Yin Yoga practice
Day 2: Meditation and Self-Cultivation
- Yin Yoga to cultivate stillness in our practice and lives
- Yin Yoga as a healing art to prepare the body and mind for Meditation and deeper self-cultivation
The training will include 45 contact hours with Dr. Moafi and 5 non-contact hours for independent study. The program also includes bonus guest teachings with Salvador Cefalu, M.S., L.Ac.
Dharma Studio at A Center for Natural Healing
1807 Pruneridge Avenue, Suite C, Santa Clara, CA
$825 or $750 early bird if registered by January 10, 2018
Payment plans are also available, please contact us for details at email@example.com
Meridians & Movement: A Transformational Yoga-Qi Gong Immersion
with Setareh Moafi, Ph.D., L.Ac. & Salvador Cefalu, M.S., L.Ac.
Saturday, May 13th 9:30am - 12:30pm
Setareh and Salvador will guide a series of transformational practices designed to target the channel systems of Classical Chinese Medicine to activate the energy of Spring for renewal, rebirth and transformation.
In this workshop you will learn fundamental theory and movement practices to help you:
- Release patterns of chronic stiffness and pain. Movements to free these blockages will allow Qi to flow smoothly and prepare the body for deeper exercises.
- Strengthen and consolidate Qi (energy) to fortify the metabolism, enhance mental clarity, reduce fatigue, and improve sexual, respiratory and digestive health. These practices also support weight loss and help trim the waistline.
Mondays 11:45am - 12:45pm with Salvador Cefalu, M.S., L.Ac.
The word “Qi” (or “chi”) means “life force” or "vital energy" of the body and the word “Gong” means "skill" that is cultivated through steady practice. Thus, Qi Gong means “the skill of cultivating energy.” The practice involves gentle, rhythmic exercises combined with simple breathing techniques to relieve stress, support detoxification, regulate the immune system and thereby increase the body’s innate healing abilities. Qi Gong is quickly becoming popular in the West for its healing power and rejuvenating properties. The exercise routines can be learned easily and are perfect for people of all ages and fitness levels.
$20 drop-in or $180 for a 10-class pack
Dharma Studio is located at 1807 Pruneridge Avenue, Suite C in Santa Clara, two doors to the right & upstairs from our clinic.
Workshop Cancellation Policy: 80% refund up to two weeks prior to the event date, no refunds thereafter.